Bleeper is looking for a Head Mechanic / Workshop Manager to lead a team of mechanics and take overall responsibility within our main depot in Dublin city. This newly-created role would suit an experienced mechanic who has led a team and who is looking to advance their career within a fast-moving and exciting industry.
Who we are:
Bleeper is Ireland's first station less bike-sharing scheme with over 100,000 users, a fleet of 800+ pedal bikes, and is currently expanding our operations in Dublin.
Our bikes are equipped with a smart lock fixed above the rear wheel of the bike, this smart lock controls usage of the bike by communicating with our app. As the smart lock is permanently on the bike the bikes can be picked up and left anywhere that traditional bike parking is permitted.
Bleeper also provides ebikes to corporate clients and individual customers.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced bicycle mechanic to lead our team of mechanics and take overall responsibility within our main depot in Dublin city.
This is a hybrid role that involves, but is not limited to, pedal bicycle repair, ebike repair (using Bosch, Yamaha and Bafang motors), escooter repair, workshop management, stock room management, training of junior mechanics, mechanic management, workshop and roadside mechanic recruitment, weekly reporting, and creating workshop procedures.
The role would suit an experienced mechanic who has led a team and who is looking to advance their career. The successful candidate will be reporting directly to the Head of Operations.
What we are offering:
• Full-time, Monday - Friday (9AM – 5PM) permanent position with 20 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays
• Paid lunch break of 45 min per day
• Yearly bonus
• Free use of our bikes outside of working hours
• 3+ years bicycle mechanic experience (references will be checked, car mechanic experience also acceptable)
• People management experience (essential for the role)
• Fluent in both written and spoken English
• Ability to lead and work as part of a team and possess a very good and pleasant attitude
• Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail, and timekeeping
• Critical thinking such as fault finding and using your own initiative
• Comfortable using smartphone apps and technology
• Comfortable following orders from senior staff and reporting to such
• Microsoft (excel/word/outlook) experience
• Full clean Irish/EU drivers’ licence and over 25 (for insurance purposes)
• Living within commuting distance of Dublin City (Portobello)
Nice to have:
• Experience working in a start-up
• Experience working in a bike-share or micro-mobility company
• Experience working on ebikes
• Cytech or formal bicycle mechanic qualification
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €40,000 per annum
To apply: Please send an up-to-date CV and cover letter to email@example.com